Happy New Year! I hope you are all well and looking forward to a fresh new year, I know I am!
I cannot believe how fast last year went, or how much I packed into it. On a blog front it has gone from strength to strength and I am so excited about all the new plans I have to share with you over the next few weeks and months…Stick with me kid :-).
I wasn’t going to do a look back over the past year of products but as it has been so requested from my readers and as I have blogged about some brilliant products, its only fair that I do. The one problem is how do I narrow down my favourite products from those I have written about because they are all like my children hahaha! Just for you here are some of my favourite products that I covered on my blog in 2015. Let me know if you agree with my choices or if you have other fav’s. Do leave me a comment below! Have a good one! Oh and p.s….it was going to be a top ten….then fifteen, twenty…..but I had to contain myself so settled on twelve! These are not in order of preference.
I absolutely rave about this palette and wear it on an almost daily basis. This is the most versatile matte palette around, containing six huge 3g eye shadow cakes in beautiful neutral colours. These shadows are so easy to transform from a classy beautiful day time look to a more, sultry, glam evening look with the stroke of the included double ended make up brush – which is amazing in its own right and of superb, professional quality.
As your eyes really are the window to the soul, it is so important to get your eye shadow right, and this stunning range of nudes is just perfect. Matte shades are amazing because they are so flattering on the eyes whatever age, shape or colour. The clever thing about this palette is that there is also a shimmer “cake” included so that you can add a highlight and a sheen to any of the other colours if you do decide you want a bit of shimmer! More on My Blog HERE It lasts forever too!
|Doll 10 All eyes on you Matte Palette|
This foundation brush has absolutely changed the way i apply my foundation. Nope, its not a gimmick, i’m still using mine each and every time! The brush really does all the hard work, honestly, I turned it on, picked up my foundation, put it to my face and just gently moved it side to side and around the contours of my face as the brush filled in the gaps! The feeling is amazing and I could have happily kept going but I was done in less than half the time I usually spend applying foundation ( actually it took about 20 seconds) i looked like I had been airbrushed. The results were beautiful. Read my full review here
|Doll 10 Blendsmart Rotating Foundation Brush|
3. Radical Youth Infusion Serum My skin has never looked as good as it did whilst I was using this serum, I am desperate for some more so am off to place an order! One pump of this beautiful, lightweight, pale yellow, tangerine scented serum was enough to do my whole face easily. I used an additional pump for my neck and décolleté. It has a gorgeous slip factor and sinks in beautifully leaving a slight sheen to the skin. My skin felt soft, smooth and beautifully hydrated after use. Again I have never smelt such amazingly beautiful, uplifting scented products. The feedback for this product is stunning, the results that people have received using this product is outstanding. I really think it is one of the most amazing serums I have ever used. You can find out more about this range HERE on my previous blog.
|Radical Youth Infusion Serum|
4. A’Kin Pure Radiance Rosehip Oil This is such a wonderful general purpose product that can be used on the face and body – I use about 3 drops from the pippet after cleansing my skin & toning and gently massage into my face and décolleté. It can be used on scars and stretch marks. I’ve used it on the ends of my hair to smoothe them down and on cuticles too. It really is a beautifully versatile product. You can press the Oil into the skin gently if you have caught too much sun and this will help soothe that awful tight feeling, and also use it on really dry flaky areas such as knees and elbows! It has a bright colour but it does rub in without leaving any stain on your skin. At first I found that it did have a strong, almost earthy smell, but I find that once its rubbed in I really don’t notice it at all. If I’m applying a moisturiser on top anyway it would be completely gone. My skin is always left so soft and supple after using this oil and knowing that it is a completely natural, organic, versatile product is a real winner for me. I currently have a new scar from a blemish and am applying this oil daily. More detailed information on my blog link HERE
|A’KIn Rosehip Oil|
5. Judith Williams Life Long Beauty Cleansing Water – Funnily enough, this was the fist ever “Micellar” water i had ever tried, Over high street and any other brands. If you love a speedy make up removal routine then look no further than this 3 in 1 Cleansing water. Containing Distilled Rose water, it gently, but thoroughly removes even the most tough make up, grime and mascara. This does not dry out the skin, it really does leave the skin so silky soft and smooth afterwards. This is my absolute go to for Mascara removal, i get through bottles of it and cannot be without it. Not long ago, whilst reorganising my bedroom a whole bottle of this product emptied into a plastic box containing stored beauty products and whilst everything smelt amazing and looked beautifully clean, i was so upset! I got through Bottles of this water last year and highly recommend it. I have written more on this range HERE
|Judith Williams Micellar Water|
6. Decleor Aurabsolu Intensive Glow Awakening Cream The texture of this cream is beautiful and on my dry skin easily sinks in. For such a lightweight cream i was pleasantly surprised at how hydrating it really was. I applied this every morning after cleansing, onto face, neck and décolleté. Immediately my skin felt hydrated, plumper and had a gorgeous clarity and glow about it that lasted all day. You know your own skin and if you know that the changing of seasons, leads to a change in your skin then maybe it is time to step up a gear and try this product. If tired, dull, sluggish looking skin really is a problem for you then this really aims to deliver. I think this is perfect time of year for this product. More on this beautiful range HERE
|Decleor Aurabsalou Intensive Glow Awakening Cream|
7. Age Benefit Integral Regenerating Eye Cream 15ml (Full Size) – This absolute Gem of an Eye Cream, really is the Crème de La Crème. This is up there with the big brand names that you can only purchase in THE most exclusive stores in London. Gatineau’s Scientists have been working so hard for years to produce the best eye cream possible and I am truly thrilled and amazed by the results. Containing a pure infusion of real precious ingredient’s such as Caviar Extract, 17 amino acids and trace elements and minerals, all which speed up the natural production of collagen as well as being rich in A, B1. B2, D, it is a powerful cream that aims to slow down the ageing process around the delicate eye area, whilst giving an intense level of hydration. This transforms dry, creapy skin, and leaves the eyes looking firmer, smoother and rested. More products from Gatineau HERE on my other post.
|Gatineau Age Benefit Integral regenerating Eye Cream|
8. Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm I have previously blogged about this gorgeous Balm and many of my readers will know that this is my go to cleanser most days and has been since it was launched. I love using it in the evening as I find it so relaxing and so much more than a cleanser.I warm about a 10p size in my hands and gently massage it into my skin, my face, neck, decollate and eyes. It smells absolutely amazing and really nurtures and cleanses the skin deeply. I then wet a cotton cloth with warm water and gently wipe away. It literally removes every single trace of dirt, grime and make up and leaves the skin feeling beautifully soft, clean and plumped up. It is also beautiful layered on the face and just left to soak in as a mask. I do this when I am in a lovely warm bath, as a pampering ritual and then gently wipe away any residue. Feels amazing. More HERE
|Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm|
9. Pure Potions Set of 4 Rescue Salves These are not just for parents of little ones….but as a parent of a little one and a big one…these are a much needed addition to my handbag, glove compartment, coat pocket, first aid box. You name it! Wow – absolutely brilliant set of must haves that everyone can benefit from. Such a fantastic size that you can literally carry them in your pocket and feel safe. I have written more in depth about these on my post HERE
|Pure Potions Set of 4 Rescue Salves|
10. Tarte Lights Camera Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara – This Iconic mascara comes In its own faux leather jacket which adds a cute, fun, element to the brand, however this mascara is no gimmick. Claiming to instantly increase lash volume by 330% all I know is that when I applied it, my lashes touched my glasses haha. They looked gorgeous, like false lashes which I usually wear on a night out. Infused with a range of plant botanicals and waxes, this mascara is amazing at lengthening, volumising and curling the lashes. It is black, black, black!! Which I love in a mascara and will most definitely take place of my falsies on a night out – thrilled with the results! I wrote about it in a fab collection HERE
|Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara|
11. Ultrasun Summer Skin Recovery Mask This power packed Night time product delivers a blast of anti-ageing, full on hydration, whilst calming the skin after a day’s exposure to the sun. It is beautiful to apply and feels lovely and cool to the touch. I used One application at night , massaging in gently over my face and neck, in place of my night cream – (no need to wash off ) and let my skin recover as i slept, hoping I would wake with soft, plumper, hydrated skin. To find out more its all HERE in this post.
|Ultrasun Overnight Summer Skin Recovery Mask|
12. SBC Cotton Oil The great thing about this *Cotton oil is not only is it dermatologically tested, allergen free and only contains 7 ingredient’s, but can you also apply it directly to babies and children’s skin. This oil is so easy to use, You can add 10ml into a bath, apply it over the body in the shower and rinse off, or apply it to damp skin after your bath or shower. Full details HERE including how to use and the benefits.
|SBC Cotton Body Oil|
Phew! That was tricky as I love everything I have written about and use it all! I would love to hear from you if you have tried any of these products after reading my blog? What were your top products of 2015? Let me know below, leave a comment. Happy New Year!!